Effortless IVF ™ Pre-cycle Evaluation Diagnostic Testing
When patients decide to undergo an Effortless IVF ™ cycle, there are a number of tests that need to be performed to ensure the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. We will check hormone levels and the overall reproductive health of the patient before we begin planning the next phase of treatment. When you come in for your Effortless IVF ™ pre-cycle evaluation at our Dallas area office, we will perform any diagnostic testing that is needed and thoroughly explain the entire course of treatment to you. If you would like to learn more about the necessary evaluations or the Effortless IVF ™ procedure in general, please contact our office to talk with one of our fertility specialists.
Pre-Cycle Testing Requirements
When you come into our office for your pre-cycle evaluation, we will perform all of the necessary testing prior to beginning your treatment:
- Anti-müllerian hormone (AMH) - We will need two tests within the last six months to check the level of AMH in your blood. If you are over the age of 40, the AMH assays need to be within the past three months. AMH levels are used to determine an estimate of the remaining egg supply. The AMH assay needs to be performed using the Roche assay.
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) - Patients will need to have this test done once within the last 24 months before beginning treatment. During HSG, contrast dye is injected through the cervix, X-ray images are taken to visualize any blockages or other problems in the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy - Patients under the age of 35 will need to have this test done within the last 12 months, and patients over that age will need to have one in the last six months. This test is used to visualize the inside of the uterus or womb.
- Pelvic Sonogram - This test is performed to image the uterus and ovaries. An antral follicle count (AFC) is done to estimate the patient’s egg supply. Patients with very low egg supply are not candidates for Effortless IVF. Problems with the uterus such as fibroids or endometrial polyps can reduce a patient’s chance for success with Effortless IVF ™. If these problems are identified, corrective surgery will be needed before proceeding with Effortless IVF ™. Some problems with the uterus or womb can not be corrected. These patients would require a gestational carrier. Effortless IVF ™ does not offer gestational carrier services.
- Semen Analysis - This test is a “descriptive” test. It measures the volume of fluid in the ejaculate as well as the number of sperm (density) and the number of moving sperm (motility). At Effortless IVF ™, we perform computer-assisted semen analysis (CASA) on all of our patients. This test provides the most accurate means to measure the number of strongly moving sperm. We will need two semen analysis performed at our clinic within the past six months
It is important to note that patients with health insurance may want to consider having some of these tests (AMH, HSG or Hysteroscopy) performed by a contracted provider within their network. If these tests are covered by your plan, you could save even more money on treatment. We do not accept insurance, but we are happy to accept imaging and some testing results from other doctors, provided they meet the requirements listed above and are available at the time of your pre-cycle evaluation. (Please note that outside testing is not accepted for semen analysis or sonography.)
A Focus on Effortless IVF ™
Effortless IVF ™ focuses exclusively on the INVO™ and only offers services that relate to an effortless cycle. We do not offer any general OB/GYN or emergency services through Effortless IVF ™. Our patients continue to see their regular primary care physicians, and OB/GYNs while undergoing treatment.
Schedule an Effortless IVF ™ Consultation
If you would like to learn more about Effortless IVF ™, how INVO™ can benefit you, and whether you are a candidate, please click on the New Patient Registration link above .